Who doesn't love a Big Mac??
I asked my Instagram community and found out 10% of people do not! And I'm honestly wondering if they were just saying that cause they are pretending to never have ever eaten at McDonald's! I mean, I haven't had an actual Big Mac from McDonalds in probably over a decade, but ya girl loves her two all beef patties with some special sauce, y'all!!
I shared this recipe on my Instagram stories this past week and my community loved it! I had quite a few DM's from folks saying they intended to make the recipe - so I thought I'd do a share here with y'all so my blog and Pinterest community could enjoy it as well!
There are a couple of awesome reasons to love this recipe. First, yes, it does taste just like a Big Mac and in my opinion even better. Second, this recipe has a low carb option. If you are low carb or you cook for someone who is low carb, you know what its like to plan dinners around different food choices. This is a recipe where you can make one single meal, provide buns for those who are not low carb, and extra lettuce for the ones who are low carb and you do not, I repeat do not, have to make more than one meal!
Alright, lets get to the good stuff!
1 lb ground sirloin
all purpose seasoning
cheddar cheese, shredded
pickles, sliced into rounds
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup ranch
2 tbsp relish
buns for burgers
green leaf lettuce for bowls
1. season ground sirloin with all purpose seasoning and mix together.
2. form thin patties about the size of your palm
3. grill patties 3-5 minutes per side based on desired doneness.
4. to make special sauce, mix 1/2 cup of ketchup and 1/2 cup of ranch with 2 tbsp relish together. To thin out add a little pick juice. Whisk together in a small bowl.
5. Build your bowl!! Using green leaf and shredded lettuce create your bowl base. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over lettuce, add sliced onions and pickles. Drizzle special sauce. Place burgers on top and add more special sauce if desired.
Serve and enjoy!!